Thursday, March 15, 2012
Monday, March 5, 2012
The flagship model in the Laurent Ferrier collection, the Galet Classic reveals a more contemporary and sophisticated face in an interpretation representing an authentic renewal for this double-hairspring tourbillon that is already much admired by devotees of traditional fine watchmaking.
Its new slate-grey dial is lit up by 11 applied red gold Roman numerals, while the “assegai-shaped” hour and minute hands and baton-type seconds hands are also made of red gold. A hollowed seconds counter appears at 6 o’clock, and the matching dial creates an aesthetically harmonious overall effect.
Its avant-garde innovative technical construction makes it a superlative chronometer instument, certified by the Besancon Observatory. Its high amplitude combined with manual adjustment of the escapement result in exceptional rating precision of the Tourbillon Double Spiral calibre that boasts a daily variation in rate of less than three seconds!
- Movement: Calibre FBN 916.01, mechanical hand-wound, 80-hour power reserve
- Indications: hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock
- Movement diameter: 14’’’ = 31.60 mm
- Movement thickness: 5.57 mm
- Number of parts: 182
- Number of jewels: 23
- Frequency: 21,600 vibrations per hour (3 Hz)
- Case: 18K 5N red gold
- Water resistance: to 30 m
- Case diameter: 41 mm
- Case thickness: 12.50 mm
- Dial: 18K gold slate-grey plate, vertical satin-brushed with applied 5N red gold Roman numerals, hollowed small seconds at 6 o’clock
- Hands: 18K 5N red gold, “assegai-shaped” for the hours and minutes, baton-type for the seconds
- Strap: hand-sewn chestnut brown alligator leather with Alcantara lining
- Buckle/clasp: pin buckle or double-blade folding
clasp in 5N red gold
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Last month at the Rare Jaeger-LeCoultre Timepieces Antiquorum’s Auction in Hong Kong some questions were answered with some very interesting results that were posted.
Daily thoughts, musings & interests about anything (mostly horology) that currently makes my soul & grey matter tick.